Last Updated: April 26, 2022
This Privacy Notice sets out how TapRoot Interventions & Solutions, Inc. uses and protects any information that you give to us. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, transfer, process, use and disclose your data and sets out our security practices.
TapRoot Interventions & Solutions, Inc. is responsible for the personal information you share with us. When we say “TapRoot,” “we,” “us” or “our,” this is who we are referring to.
If anything in this Privacy Notice conflicts with local law in your jurisdiction, local law prevails.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically.
We do not sell personal information.
California Residents. For questions specific to California residents, please see the section “How to contact us.”
In this Privacy Notice, we explain:
- What personal information we collect about you
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- How long we keep your personal information
- With whom we share your personal information
- In what instances we transfer your personal information outside of your home country
- How we protect your personal information
- Your rights regarding your personal information
- Our responsibility regarding websites that we do not own or control
- Information about children
- How we update this Privacy Notice and
- How to contact us.
What Personal Information We Collect About You
The personal information (PI) that we collect, and process or disclose may include:
- Name, Contact Information and Unique Identifiers: Identifiers, such as a real name, alias, postal address, telephone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, device ID, internet protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Protected Characteristics: Characteristics of legally protected classifications such as race, gender, age, nationality, physical or mental disability and religion.
- Biometric Information: Physiological, biological, or behavioral characteristics that can establish an individual’s identity, including DNA, face, iris or retina imagery, fingerprint, voice recordings and sleep, health or exercise data that contain identifying information.
- Network Activity: Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history and information regarding an individual’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement. Includes analytics evaluation, cookies.
- Geolocation Data: Precise geographic location information about a particular individual or device.
- Electronic and Sensory Data: Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information (e.g., a recording of a customer service call or profile photograph).
- Inferences: Inferences drawn from any of the information listed above to create a profile about an individual reflecting the individual’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We and our service providers collect personal information in a variety of ways, including directly from you or an authorized representative.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the purposes we have described below in this Privacy Notice, or for purposes that are reasonably compatible with the ones described. We will not use it for other purposes without your permission unless we have a legal right or obligation to do so.
To manage our relationship with you
We will use your personal information:
- To respond to your requests
- To improve our level of service
- To provide our products and services to you
- To promote our products and services
- To manage your account, if necessary
- To provide you with information when you request it, or when we believe it may be of interest to you
- To invite you to provide your views on our products and services, participate in research or attend events
- To report any product adverse events that you notify us about
- To consider your application for employment
- To perform analytics and understand your preferences
- To provide access, where required, to our sites and facilities
- To gain insights and feedback on our products and services
- For our own administrative and quality assurance purposes and
- For other purposes that may be detailed on a website or mobile application, which will be described at the time the information is collected.
To manage and improve our processes and our business operations
We will use your personal information to:
- Manage our network and information systems security
- Manage our workforce effectively and
- Prepare and perform management reporting and analysis, including analytics and metrics.
To achieve other purposes
We will use your personal information:
- To follow applicable laws and regulations
- To respond to lawful requests from competent public authorities
- To tell you about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies
- To exercise or defend TapRoot Interventions & Solutions, Inc. against potential, threatened or actual litigation
- To protect TapRoot Interventions & Solutions, Inc.’s or your vital interests, or those of another person
- To respond to and handle your queries or requests and
- When we sell, assign or transfer all or part of our business.
Website and mobile application usage information
We may also collect information about your computer browser type and operating system, websites you visited before and after visiting our websites, standard server log information, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, location data, mobile phone service provider and mobile phone operating system.
Use of IP addresses
An IP address is a set of numbers that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your Internet service provider or through your organization’s local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). Web servers automatically identify your computer by the IP address assigned to it during your session online.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Our websites and mobile applications may use technology called “cookies” and similar technologies. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your device by a server. Cookies and similar technologies allow our websites and mobile applications to respond to you and provide a more personalized experience.
The website or mobile application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For instance, our server may set a cookie that keeps you from having to enter a password more than once during a visit to a website.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored if you prefer. Please refer to your Internet browser’s instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions and to specify your cookie preferences and note that your browser controls might not control other types of technologies.
If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our websites or any other websites that you visit.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Third-party advertising, links, and content
Our websites and mobile applications may, from time to time, provide links to or embed third-party websites or content. Our advertising partners may collect information about your use of our websites and apps through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to display advertisements that are tailored to your interests on other websites and services. Some of these advertising partners may participate in an industry organization that offers users an opportunity to opt out of ad targeting such as the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), both of which offer a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies.
Due to the differences between using apps and websites on mobile devices, you also should check the settings for your apps and device to opt out.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these advertising partners, and we do not exchange information with them for money or anything of value and this Privacy Notice does not apply to those websites. You agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites and do not review or endorse and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for:
- How these websites treat your personal information
- The content of such websites and
- The use that others make of these websites.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding this information using the How to Contact Us section. If you contact us, please note the name of the websites you have visited, as well as how we may contact you.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as needed or permitted for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Information
We share your personal information on a need-to-know basis, to the extent necessary to follow laws and regulations and to manage the activities related to our relationship with you.
We share your personal information with teams in our TapRoot Interventions & Solutions, Inc. company and affiliates who need to see it to do their jobs.
In some cases, our relationship with you is supported by specialized service providers working on our behalf. These service providers are contractually required to protect your personal information and not to use it for their own purposes. These specialized service providers include:
- Advertising networks
- Internet service providers
- Data analytics providers
- Operating systems and platforms
- Social networks
- Joint marketing partners and
- Research and development partners.
We will also share your personal information with local or foreign regulators or government and law enforcement authorities, as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation to do so. These may be in or outside your country of residence. We may also disclose your personal information for other legal reasons, such as to enforce our terms and conditions and protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others.
We may share your personal information in connection with a sale or business transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In What Instances We Transfer Your Personal Information Outside Of Your Home Country
This website and Privacy Notice are intended only for individuals within the United States. However, TapRoot Interventions & Solutions, Inc. may work anywhere in the world. Therefore, we may need to transfer and use your personal information outside of the United States. We implement appropriate measures to protect your personal information when we transfer your personal information outside of your home country, such as data transfer agreements that incorporate standard data protection clauses. The data privacy laws in the countries we transfer it to may not be the same as the laws in the United States. Law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, security authorities or courts in the countries we transfer your personal information to may have the right to see your personal information.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
TapRoot Interventions & Solutions, Inc. will take appropriate legal, organizational, and technical measures to protect your personal information consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet or a mobile phone network connection is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal information you transmit to our websites or mobile applications: any transmission is at your own risk. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration to data will not occur once we have received your information, we will employ appropriate technical security measures to help prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
If personal information you have provided us in the past is no longer correct, we have a process for working with you to update that information.
Also, some California residents have the right, or their authorized agent may request, at no charge, up to twice every 12 months that we:
- Provide copies of your personal information directly to you. There are some exceptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process
- Correct information that is inaccurate or incomplete and
- Delete your personal information, subject to some exceptions.
You can find out how to get in touch with us to ask us to do any of the above, or to express a privacy concern, by looking at the “How to Contact Us” section. An authorized agent can also contact us regarding these rights. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment from us for exercising applicable rights.
We will verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the personal information subject to the request. For your protection, and to protect the privacy of others, we may need to verify your identity before completing what you have asked us to do. We may need to request additional personal information from you, such as home address, email address and government issued ID, in order to protect against fraudulent or spoofed requests. If you want to make a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a California resident, you may use the submission methods noted in the “How to Contact Us” section. As part of our verification process, we may request that you provide us with proof that you have been authorized by the California resident on whose behalf you are making the request, which may include signed permission provided by such California resident.
If you object to us using your personal information or withdraw permission for us to use your personal information, after initially giving it to us, we will respect your choice in line with applicable law. However, by objecting or withdrawing your permission, we may not be able to complete the activities described in the “How we use your personal information.”
For California residents, in the previous calendar year, the number of eligible consumer access requests we received was zero. The number of eligible consumer deletion requests we received was zero.
Our Responsibility Regarding Websites That We Do Not Own Or Control
From time to time, we may provide links to websites or mobile applications that are not controlled by us. Our Privacy Notice does not cover them. Please read the privacy notices on those websites and mobile applications if you would like to find out how they collect, use, and share your personal information.
Information About Children
Our services are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from minors under 18 years of age.
How We Update This Privacy Notice?
From time to time, we will update this Privacy Notice. Any changes become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice was last updated as of the “Last Updated” date shown above. If changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice to let you know what the changes are.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, need more information or would like to raise a privacy concern, please contact us at Ella@TapRootInterventons.com.
If you want to correct the personal information we may have about you, or if you are a California resident and want to exercise applicable rights regarding your personal information, please contact us at Ella@TapRootInterventons.com.